When a school’s Care Coordinator requests our assistance, EC2 can:
- Offer ambulatory guidance to the teacher and possibly parents of a student with a specific need;
- Offer specialized, supportive activities to students with special needs during and after school;
- Facilitate professionalization of stakeholders within the school;
- Observe the student and give recommendations;
- Perform action-oriented diagnostics with practical tips for home and school;
- Support the parents at home;
- Give counseling to the student;
- Facilitate and demonstrate the shift from curriculum-centered to student-centered teaching /learning;
- Develop a guidance plan and progress report per term for each student in our care;
- Invite parents and care Coordinator to discuss the reports twice a year: in January and June.
It is important to know that the legal guideline aims for students to follow education in their peer group as much as possible. Although a student may come for sessions at EC2 regularly, he or she is registered with the school and spends most time there. First goal is therefore always to empower the teacher.